Personal Injury and Wrongful Death: Verdicts & Settlements
For more than 50 years, Anderson Trial Lawyers has been advocating for Eastern Connecticut residents in personal injury and wrongful death claims. The following is a partial list of verdicts and settlements we have won on behalf of our clients.
Disclaimer: Past results are no indication or guarantee as to the value or results likely to be obtained in any present or future claims.
- Confidential settlement of a complex products liability case where the plaintiff suffered severe burns and disfigurement due to a borane-based chemical explosion in an industrial setting
- Confidential settlement against Toyota
- Confidential settlement resulting from a complex case involving the explosion of a borane-based chemical in an industrial setting
- $2 million settlement in a products liability case against the foreign manufacturer and distributor of a contaminated over-the-counter sleep aid. A 57-year-old gentleman, a former Boston Marathon runner, became wheelchair dependent following the use of this product.
- $1.8 million jury verdict (resulting in a $2.5 million settlement) for a veterinarian who fractured his right ankle in three places after slipping and falling on ice located near the entrance of a local motel
- $375,000 settlement from a slip and fall incident which occurred within the common parking/driveway area of an apartment complex due to the accumulation of snow and ice
- $325,000 settlement for a 27-year-old woman injured when her apartment door fell on her head as she was leaving her apartment
- $237,500 settlement for a slip and fall incident on government property that resulted in injuries to the plaintiff’s lower back and right upper extremity
- $75,000 settlement in a claim against the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority on behalf of a 40-year-old woman injured when the front door of a slot machine fell open onto her knee
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- $1.55 million settlement for a motorcyclist and his passenger who suffered severe injuries—including a traumatic brain injury—when a truck entered the motorcycle’s travel lane
- $1.15 million wrongful death settlement for the family of a pedestrian who was struck by a motor vehicle and killed while walking on the shoulder of a local, rural road
- $750,000 settlement resulting from a violent collision on Interstate 95 in Old Lyme that caused the passenger to be ejected from the bed of the pickup truck
- $728,500 awarded in the arbitration of an uninsured motorist claim, where a crash resulted in the below the knee amputation of the right leg of a passenger
- $324,000 jury verdict for a married couple who sustained injuries in a rear-end collision on Interstate 95.
- $251,700 jury verdict for a self-employed construction worker who brought a claim against his underinsured motorist insurance carrier after he suffered lower back injuries in an interstate collision between his dump truck and a passenger vehicle
- Confidential settlements in multiple personal injury and emotional distress claims resulting from the explosion of natural gas in an industrial settlement
Construction Site Accidents
- $1 million settlement for a construction worker who suffered a traumatic brain injury when he was hit in the head by a metal stud that fell from the second floor of a building
Workers’ Compensation Claims
- $750,000 settlement for a contractor injured on a job site when an unsupported roof truss fell onto him
- $282,000 settlement for a 63-year-old man who suffered a back injury due to a work-related slip and fall on ice
- $249,000 settlement for a 59-year-old woman with neck and back injuries due to a work-related slip and fall on cleaning solution
- $185,000 settlement for a 44-year-old man with neck and shoulder injuries due to a work-related fall
- $162,000 settlement for a 55-year-old man with neck, shoulder, lower back, and hip injuries due to a work-related slip and fall
Wrongful Death Claims
- $250,000 settlement for the estate of a woman who died after allegedly jumping from her boyfriend’s moving vehicle